Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kidneys- am I at risk of anything in the future? -

Hi, I m 14 and am pretty healthy at the moment except for a few things. One is my kidneys-when I was 7 or 8 I suffered from reflux (when the waste goes back inside your system instead of out). Now one of my kidneys is severely damaged and only works 30%. The doctors said I m not allowed any alcohol at all until I m at least 18, not even alcoholic chocolates. I m being monitered for the possibility of hypertension (I think that s what it s called) developing and have my blood pressure checked every six months. What else could happen?

Kidney disease and reduced function is a risk factor for Hypertension (high blood pressure) because the kidney s play a part of blood pressure regulation. People with kidney disease are more at risk from cardiovascular disease in general. Just cross that bridge when you come to it, you will be monitored, IF you start having problems then treatment can be provided. Do you know what your eGFR is? or what stage?

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS