Sunday, June 21, 2009

Is Wellbutrin right for me? -

Ok, so I ve been reading up on Wellbutrin and I have to say that the fact that many people have reported an increase in sex drive from mild to extreme is pretty appealing to me, as I m a 26 year old male and have no sex drive at all. I suffer from mild depression, mood swings, panic attacks, and hypertension. I am also very lethargic most of the time. My question is has anyone with these same symptoms improved greatly off of this medication? Did it make anyone MORE drowsy? I ve tried Paxil and Zoloft before and all I did was sleep and I felt like a zombie most of the time. Thanks!!

i have been on wellbutrin for a few months. the sexual side effects are WAY lower than the other meds. i haven t had any trouble with sleepiness. i also have hypertension, and it had no effect on that. all that being said, i feel it has not done too much for my depression/anxiety. but then again neither has zoloft, paxil, lexapro, cymbalta, celexa, or effexor. hope this helps you! Good Luck and good mental health!

I didn t have hypertension, but I took Wellbutrin for a VERY SHORT period of time. After 3 solid days of no sleep, I couldn t stand it anymore and got my doctor to switch my meds!

See your psychiatrist, he s the one that can diagnose and treat your symptoms, be careful, you may do more harm than good.

wellbutrin made me completely hyper and psycho...I was flipping out on everyone- Hope it works better 4 u

We seem to be in similar situations. I tried Prozac and Lexapro before my doc switched me to Wellbutrin. Mine is just for depression. The Prozac and Lexapro made me so tired and I felt like a zombie too. Like I was just out of it. I m really starting to wonder if all these anti-depressants are just a crock of the pharmaceutical companies. I m honestly not sure if Wellbutrin has made me feel any better. I m not as sleepy as the others made me. But, for me, there have been sexual side effects. I ve never heard of the increase in sex drive. Mine has gone down. Also, just so you know, maintaining a good erection while on the stuff is difficult. That s just the way anti-depressants work. And, and this can be a bonus for some guys but can also be frustrating for others, you can last a long time before you ejaculate. For some, it s great. For me, it can get kinda frustrating. I m just starting to wonder if I d get the same benefits from exercising every day and screw the anti-depressant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS