Thursday, June 25, 2009

Why is my blood pressure so high at age 25? -

I ve researched this some already. i do smoke, i m often stressed, and hypertension runs heavy in my family. i know i have all those against me. but i eat pretty healthy (lots of veggies) and i m not over weight and i exercise and i m only 24. i checked my bp at work today and it was 183/112. i checked it four days ago and it was 163/107. and a week ago it was 152/119. and those readings were all taken when i was relaxed, bored, and curious. i take it on one of those electronic wrist cuff monitors. i know i should quit smoking but that s not going to happen anytime soon. should i go to the doctor? should i be concerned?

You should go to the doctor for this. There are too many reasons for hypertension to get advice on Yahoo. You may need meds. My 22 year old sister was just put on BP medicine.

That s pretty high. It s better to get on blood pressure medicine now than wait until your heart is damaged, no matter what the reason. You should see a doctor, get a physical, maybe some blood work, and get your cholesterol checked. I m only 21 and I have high blood pressure for no reasoon.

Genetics. No at your age just follow the guidelines for anyone with high blood pressure. Avoid stress, smoking, sodium, and with proper diet and excesses you can lower it. It s good that you monitor it often as well.

some of the electronic wrist cuff are not accurate in measurements..you should consider checking your bp using a sphygmomanometer and i think you really should go to the doctor for you to know what is wrong with your bp

Stress and smoking is enough to make it that high, also if you re horny it makes it worse. stop smoking, and get some sex. Check it after then.

Minds high i m 17, probably I ll the crappy food I eat, and the OTC drugs I take. Caffeine/ benadryl. Go to the doc. if you can.

is a generic, from you parents. some they have high some they have low. i have low blood pressure in my family.

stop smoking .it can be on your genes.sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS