Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chiropractic? -

I was just curious as to why people some people tend to say...quot;I think chiropractic is a scamquot; quot;I don t believe chiropractic worksquot;. I ve noticed that those are two phrases I see a lot when people give reasons for not going to a Chiropractor. It s not about believing and it s not about what they think. It s about the research and there is plenty of research to support Chiropractic care as a valid treatment for pain and other health problems such as otitis media, hypertension, low back pain, and some visceral problems. And when people say they aren t real doctors....I always want to know what makes a REAL doctor? The ability to prescribe drugs and perform surgery? Just wondering some opinions.

In the early days, the medical establishment put down the very idea of chiropractic, dismissing it without ever giving it a chance. The body can t possibly have built-in mechanisms for helping itself, right? Leeches and blood letting work so much better...when your spine is misaligned, no? It can t be quackery if it helps. Drugs treat symptoms, while chiropractic treats the underlying condition. I ll take the latter any day!

I believe that many people discount Chiropractic care because they are brought up on the quot;MD mentality.quot; In other words, the only quot;doctorsquot; that can help are the old fashioned family doctors. Personally, I wouldn t hesitate to use a Chiropractor, a Naturopath, or an MD as long as they had an open mind and were truly interested in my health. Chiropractors have a long standing tradition of care and concern about their patients. Hey -- if it doesn t work, don t go back.

I like them--!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS