Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I have amenorrhea (no periods) due to being overweight. I had a period on my own. Can I now get pregnant? -

As mentioned above, I have amenorrhea, lack of periods, due to being very overweight. I don t have PCOS. I ve changed my eating habits, increased my amount of exercise, and lost 60 pounds over the last year. While I still have quite a ways to go, this is amazing progress. I chose not to take the birth-control pill because of the risks and my hypertension. Instead, I have my period induced about 3-4 times a year and use condoms for casual sex, nothing for relationship sex. I had my first non pill-induced period about 2 weeks ago. Yay! First time in 10 years. My boyfriend and I don t use any protection, we are committed to each other and pregnancy wasn t an issue with no periods. I was previously told by 2 doctors that I am temporarily infertile, due to the amennorhea. But now that I ve had a real period, and will hopefully have more since I keep losing weight, does this mean I can now get pregnant? I no longer have health insurance, so I can t just ask my doctor. Thx!

It s possible your at better position to get pregnant. But having the first period on your own is telling you that your body is slow making changes due to the weight loss. So with that said it is possible, providing there is nothing else going on. As your drop more and more weight your chances should increase. Congrats on losing the 60lbs! That is wonderful accomplishment.

It is very possible that you can get pregnant now that you have started having periods.

First of all I must tell you congratulations. Losing weight is a great accomplishment for someone overweight. I hope you keep up the good work to get down to a healthy weight. It s possible that you could get pregnant. I would be safe if you re worried that you might get pregnant, but don t keep your hopes up if you want to get pregnant.

You need continued cycles first. Even if you have regular cycles, you may not be ovulating so I guess you could try one of those home ovulation tests if you can t afford a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS