Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Quit job? Seek Therapy? Suggestions? -

Been at my job for 5 years. Very stressful disaster relief type of job with bosses that curse and throw things at me. Recently, doc told me to possibly leave my job. Since here, I was developed Hypertension, generalized anxiety disorder, gained almost 100 lbs (now weigh 270), high cholesterol, allergy problems (We bring in items to our shop that have mold and smoke on them from disasters), and more.... Litterally - the doc. said my job is killing me. But it supports me and my wife, pays the mortgage, the cars, for my school, etc.. I cant just quit and I have been looking for a new job for awhile with no luck... what can I do if anything?

Man! I really feel for you! It sounds to me like your doc is absolutely right! High levels of stress can take a terrible toll on your body, mind and spirit! I know how you feel, though....as far as feeling stuck in a terrible job because you desperately need the income! Have you tried going to an employment agency?? Or Labor Finders?? You can also look online for state jobs that are available! Sometimes, jobs are hard to come by though. Maybe you could try something in construction....it pays good. I m sorry for your troubles! Good luck to you and your family! I ll be praying for you!

you should seek therapy and see what the say.. you will most likely have to quit your job and just find a new one., or u can quit your job and seek social services and get money from them.. i hope everything works out with you though.. cuz my mom has a job like that.. but its not as bad as yours.. but its BAD.. just quit the job before you get caught up in ur job rather then your OWN life

Hang in there. Keep looking for another job and try branching out and trying other employment websites because there are so many! No one deserves to be cursed at or have health problems because they want to provide for their families. Try craigslist.com or edjoin, local newspaper, america s job bank, state employment department website, etc. Also, this will sound cheesy, but try to get a good sense of what feels good to you in terms of exercising eating right, spending time with your family, or maybe spending time alone. Read some uplifting books to get your mind off the cruddy situation. Have faith that things will turn around, but you have to put in some effort to get there. good luck!

I might seek out a lawyer in a situation like that, you may have a case that would take care of you financially, so that you will not ever have to go back to that crap.

Well, you could try www.emofree.com and after you download and read free manual, order the $60 videos on how to do it. It is a sort of acupuncture to deal with emotional problems. My son is using it and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS