Saturday, January 10, 2009

Trigeminal Neuralgia? -

My sister is 50 years old with diagnosed right side trigeminal neuralgia,pain most of the time.She tells her story as follow, I am 50 years old healthy south asian lady .A year ago I have amenorrhea. My sleep is disturbed.I get this pain any time of longer duration.It is like pinching needles and sometime dull.I have no family history.I am not sensitive to light.My pain does not go away with heat or cold application.my colour is white.I have one daughter. I have been diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia on right side of my head with severe pain.The pain started right after my Dentist did deep clean of my teeth inside on right. Have been using medicines like Ibuprofen,asprin,acetaminophen but it is temporary tretment. I heard that there is a good permanant long term treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia in Homeopathy. I never used any homeopathic medicine before.I donot have any disease in childhood.never have headache before.my sleep is disturbed.i get this pain any time of longer duration.It is like pinching needles and sometime dull. .I am not sensitive to light. pain does not go away with heat or cold application.My colour is white. all reports on Head, MRI,CT scan,X rays,Hormone assay ,blood testing are normal. .She have NO Hypertension, Diabetes,cancer and allergies . Have never used any homeopathic medicine before.Please give me the name of best homeopathic medicine with dosage and precautions.

If your sister had neuropathy of the trigeminal nerve, I feel so much compassion for her. It is reportedly the most severe pain that a human can experience, greater than child birth and gun shot wounds. I can personally attest to the great pain, as I also suffered from neuropathy of the trigeminal nerve. Trigeminal Neuralgia is a medical term of art, which means that the blood vessels in one s head by the trigeminal nerve have become elastic and wrapped around the nerve causing excruciating pain with compression. If you don t have the blood vessel problem, then it is called Atypical Facial Pain or Trigeminal neuropathy, which is caused by other means. I had AFP. Trigeminal Neuralgia is often cured by surgery. The blood vessels are unwound and maybe afixed so the problem does not come back. You must see a neurosurgen for advice. AFP may have different causes. In my case, the facial muscles were very tight (I had a muscle disorder due to being poisoned from airborne toxins, which caused my facial muscles to spasm). My muscles would spasm for weeks/months never letting up, and in fact shifted my face and changed my teeth alignment, and the roof of my mouth. These muscles squeezed on the trigem. nerve continuously causing excruciating pain, like being sliced open with a razor blade in the cheek bone and leaving it exposed to the air. Also my teeth hurt, but had nothing wrong with them, just the nerve reacting at its tips by the teeth. It took FOREVER to figure this out. I wanted to cut off half my face. It seems like maybe your sister is also having a reaction with tight muscles after her dentist did some work, since it was a cleaning and not surgery? Here is what helped me: acupuncture, neuromuscular facial massage to break down the muscles and get them to relax, and pain medicine and muscle relaxers. Because I had been poisoned, I was very intolerant of many chemicals and pharmaceuticals. I can take oxycodone for the pain and ativan sublingually as a facial muscle relaxer. The emergency room doctors gave me the ativan sublingually as a muscle relaxer when I had gone there with an accute attack. When muscles are squeezing on nerves causing pain, I have found that reputable pain clinics at hospitals are good, and physical therapists understand this problem better than surgeons or mds. Dentists wanted to rip out about 9 teeth, so make sure that any dental work like that is for sure required or that nothing else helps first. I refused the surgeries and dental work that was suggested and thank god, because it was totally unnecessary in my case. I had to get the facial muscles to quit compressing the trigeminal nerve. I would not use homeopathic meds in this case. There is a physical cause here that can be quickly addressed for immediate relief and long term cure.

There is no homeopathic medicine which will cure this or any other condition. However, acupuncture may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS