Wednesday, January 21, 2009

High Risk Pregnancy at 38? -

Hi, I am 37 and just discovered I am pregnant. I have a 17 year old, and twin 3 year olds. With my twins, I had a very bad pregnancy - incompetent cervix, bedrest, and was told I may have pulmonary hypertension at 24 weeks and that I may need to make some very hard decisions as PH can kill a pregnant woman. I delivered at 31 weeks and had just been told that I did not have PH but my pulmonary pressures were very high. I had an emergency c-section and my blood pressure dropped dramtically and I had a very bad adverse reaction to whatever they were giving me. Am I crazy to think i can have this baby? is there anyone out there that can give me some medical advice on what i should do? Thanks,

No. your not crazy if you think your going to have a baby at your age. My step-mother was 39 almost forty when she gave birth to my now 4 year old brother. Also, my aunt had my now 4 year old cousin Joseph when she was 42! I m sorry but I don t have any medical advice.

Every pregnancy is different. It sounds like you are in decent health and do not have an underlying health issue. Sounds like there is no reason that this pregnancy can be normal.

Well...you re an adult so don t know why you didn t prevent if you had pregnancy problems...but oh well..... If your OB doesn t specialize in high risk pregnancies then consider changing to one who does. I would not take anyone s medical advice from YA for such a serious condition with your pregnancy. All I can say is good luck and God Bless.

This is the report of a series of eight patients with pulmonary hypertension (primary and secondary) who delivered at the McMaster University Medical Centre between 1978 and 1987. Seven of the eight patients delivered vaginally and had a successful outcome. The eighth patient was admitted as an emergency and died shortly after Cesarean section under general anaesthesia, performed to save the infant. The other seven patients were all managed by a team, including anaesthetists, cardiologists and obstetricians, from about 25 wk. The patients were hospitalized pre-partum and received oxygen therapy and anti coagulation with heparin. Analgesia in labour was managed, once anti coagulation was reversed, by low concentrations of epidural Novocaine (0.125%-0.375%) and fontanel. The patients were monitored during labour and delivery with oximetry and arterial and central venous pressure lines. Pulmonary arterial lines were not used because of increased risk and questionable usefulness. Vaginal delivery was managed with vacuum extraction or forceps lift-out to minimize the stress of pushing. After delivery, all patients were monitored in an intensive care unit for several days, anti coagulation was restarted, and all patients were discharged home taking oral anticoagulant therapy. The successful management of pulmonary hypertension in pregnancy should include team management started early in pregnancy and controlled vaginal delivery utilizing epidural analgesia. I would go through with the pregnancy i had 2 high risk preganceys I was bedridden has has harsh deliveries. if you have agreat doctor team you will do fine.

idk about your specific case cause I m not a doctor but 37 isn t THAT old.. they say after 35 but 37 isn t much after. Theirs a milf across the street from me who had a kid at 38 and he s a normal 8 year old, and she s super hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS