Saturday, January 10, 2009

Faint during exercise and blood pressure? -

I was diagnosed with hypertension a few months ago. I was put on medicine and they ran a lot of tests on me. They found out I have mutliple renal arteries going to my kidneys. They put me on Lisinopril to block the chemical the extra chemicals were putting off to raise my blood pressure. I took it for 2 weeks and it lowered my blood pressure too much and made me feel weak. I haven t taken any medication for 3 weeks and my blood pressure has remained normal the entire time-lower than 120/80. Sometimes when I stand suddenly I get lightheaded, which is a sign of LOW blood pressure. The docs are probably going to try and get me to take the medication again. Well, today I returned to soccer practice and was fine until about an hour in we did sprints. After about 3 sprints I got extremely lightheaded and had to sit out. Isn t this caused by my blood pressure being too low?

Hi, When you stand up and feel light-headed that is postural hypotension( low BP because of you change in position). You can help this by not getting up quickly. While you were sprinting is it possible were you were dehydrated at all? Was the temp. hot? These can also make you dizzy. As for your Dr s wanting you to go back on the meds, you need to let them know that the Lisinopril made you weak so they can change to a better medication for you. Having low BP is annoying but having a stoke isn t good either. Please talk to your DR so you can find just the right medication for you.Take care! :-)

more likely you are dehydrated, exercise without sufficient fluid intake will cause the same symptoms as low blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS