Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This cant be good blood pressure....? -

Just took my BP again today and got 184/107. Ive been on meds for it since November, and still nothing Obviously eating healthy and getting enough fitness, but still wont go down. They put me on a 24 hour bpmonitor, and my avg was 171/106. But, the cardiologist doesnt know how this is happening or whats causing it. He noted I had minor valve leakage in my mitral and triscupid valve, and mild leakage in my pulmonary valve. He says its very common with people and that im far to young for anything like this to worry about at my age (21). Im always getting chest pains, out of breathe, and occasional fainting, but he wont do nothing for me. The kidney disease and hypertension doctor just took 7 viles of blood, and a 24 hour jug of urine from me, I wont find out for a few weeks, but anyone know what they are testing for? What could this BP be doing to me (ive had it my whole life but just got the meds for it in November), yes im young and in great shape but gosh im scared and answerless

Whose to say what all the blood is for, they are probably doing all kinds of blood tests. maybe a complete blood count, metabolic profile -this tests your electrolytes and sugar, may be testing some of your hormones. Really they can test blood for all sorts of things! The 24 hr urine is usually a creatnine clearance-they want to know how much creatnine you are getting rid of in one day. They usually do this to test kidney function. So I hope this help. Good luck with your results.

Don t know if there are other details of your health amp; bp but I had hbp that responded moderately to poorly to different medications... either erratically or creeping up over a period of time. Each time I told my m.d. and they would prescribe a different medication. Now I have medication that keeps my hbp under perfect control. Give your m.d. all the details!

First of all blood pressure will kill you in the long run not the short term. At 21 you have time to wait for the reports. If you don t like your cardiologist get a new one a second opinion never hurts as to your Numbers 184/107 and 171/106. I am 42 years old and my Blood pressure was 210/120 and they put me on the lowest dosage of blood pressure medicine and prescribed fitness and eating and I am now with in normal range.

Considering that you have had this for years and gotten no definitive answers... seek another opinion or 2!!! Don t think that I d add ANY more exercise to my daily routine until I ve had more testing AND more opinions (remember... you have quot;leakagequot; in three different valves in your heart so your heart is not efficient enough to handle the stress of added exercise (it is possible that you were born with these problems AND that they are totally fixable!!!) See a cardiologist that is highly recommended by top hospital personnel in your area... soon!!!

Untreated High blood pressure is hard on your organs, usually starts with the kidneys.

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? What about any carotid dopplers? The nephrologist is probably ruling out kidney diseases that could be causing the high blood pressure or problems with aldosterone. I am sorry to hear this but it takes the meds some time to work but you should have seen results before now. May need meds changed or another one added. Sounds like at 21 you have an underlying problem with a hormone or renal but do not stop until you find out what it is. Even if you have to change doctors.

A norman BP is 120/80. See another doctor.Don t use salt, Instead use Mrs. Dash seasoning--a little. Prepared food is usually salty. Go on the internet and read about hypertension (WebMd) is a good site. And exercise after a stress test. Untreated HP can lead to a stroke or heart attack. Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS