Saturday, January 17, 2009

I THINK I HAVE LUPUS (HEREDITARY)? ANYONE HAVE LUPUS? -

I gave birth to twins a year ago and have been having problems with high blood pressure. I have also been experiencing stiffness in my joints, especially my feet and legs. There are days when I am so achy I can barely get out of the bed but I do. I have an older sister that was diagnosed with Lupus and hypertension after she gave birth. Is it possible this is what I am experiencing. I know I need to go back to my doctor, but was just wondering if anyone has these symptoms and has Lupus?

Your symptoms could definitely be Lupus as usually the first presenting signs are stiff/sore joints. However, just because a relative has Lupus doesn t really increase your chances of having it. In fact, very few people who have Lupus actually have a blood relative with the illness. I would go to the doctor and tell them what you suspect and have them run tests. Even though there is no specific test for Lupus they can help narrow down a diagnosis, especially if they find something other than Lupus in your blood work that can explain what is going on. I wish you the best of luck.

1.) I would go and see your doctor because if there is a family history of Lupus in your family then you should get it checked out. I found this website that explained some of the stiffness. Apparently it is a common thing after giving birth especially if you are not getting enough calcium,. this helps

I have a mother and a niece with lupus and even though there are members of both sides of the family with it my daughter was told that she doesn t have an increased change of developing it. But the symptoms that they had are among other things a butterfly rash on their face, Swelling of the joints especially the ankles and the hands. Trouble breathing and an increase in problems with the kidneys. There is an enzyme that shows up in the blood for people with lupus ask your doctor to run a blood test and to look for it. IF you do have it having a child could have caused it to flare. Most young women and girls are told not to get pregnant with lupus as the pregnancy can cause things to get complicated really quickly. As for the high blood pressure there is usually a sign of that before children are born especially with twins. If you had problems with blood pressure during the pregnancy that s what started things off for you. Make sure that you watch the amount of sodium you consume every day and exercise as much as possible. Eat food High in potassium which helps regulate blood pressure naturally. Foods like Seaweed, sunflower seeds, wheat germ,almonds,raisins,parsley, Brazil nuts,lettuce, lamb, endive,radishes, Chinese cabbage, dandelion root, dill, These first ones are the highest in potassium the next list is very good in potassium but not as high as the first list. Dill, cucumber,spinach. figs,dates, avocado,wheat bran,pecans, yams,Swiss chard, soybean products, garlic, tomatoes, beans celery root, These are just some of the foods which will help you maintain good blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS