Friday, March 20, 2009

Beta blockers? -

A friend has told me that beta blockers make you put on weight, is this true? I was surprised when he said this as they are drugs for hypertension and heart problems.

I went on a beta blocker and didn t gain a pound. This may be his excuse not to take it.

sometimes they can cause a bit of fluid retention, so if he put on weight it would be from fluid not fat. or he s a hyperchondriac, decided it would be too dangerous to strain the heart in any way, so sits on the sofa instead of exercising etc, and the weight gain resulted from lack of activity.

I have had a look in to this and i cant see any sied affect like this but if you like i have a web page that u can look on for information http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information...

beta blockers may cause some fluid retention but overall weight gain is minimal. you have nothing to worry about.

I ve been on beta blockers for 7 years now and no weight gain.

Hi, I have been beta blockers for a while i havent put on any weight

been on them 14 years and am ok

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS