Friday, March 27, 2009

Home (Natural) Remedy for lower blood pressure...? -

Hello All! I am 32 years and I have hypertension. last year I weaned myself off of the prescription Lisonopril. I was recommended to take 20 mg of this medication however I had a severe chronic cough allergic reaction. I have been taking the following remedies to help: 1. 1000 mg of Garlic Pills; 2. Coenzyme Q 10 50 mg X 3 times per day; 3. Low Dosage Aspirin 81 mg X 3 times per day; 4. Udo s Choice (Oil) blend 2 pills X 3 times per day: Still my pressure is high as of now 138 over 83. I would like to get it a lot lower. Anyone have a recommendation as I am trying to do htis naturally?

I ll be honest with you. I m not a big fan of homeopathic BS. I am 27 and had high blood pressure when I was 24. After I found that out, I took to running and watching what I ate. I think particularly it was the running for me. It brought my BP down from 140/93 to 118/81. If you are overweight or out of shape, exercise can make all the difference. If you have hypertension for another medical condition though, you need to get appropriately medicated with prescription drugs. The longer you wait, the more disservice you are doing to your body.

Lower your sodium intake. http://www.lowersodium.com

I took all the stuff you re doing and more plus lots of exercise. It made no difference in my blood pressure. At least you re getting some results. Slow breathing will definitely push it down the rest of the way. In fact, it s all I need and I no longer bother with any of that other stuff. Check the website below in the resource box for complete details, a free online demo and instructions.

Before resorting to medications, proven methods to improve blood pressure are: 1) Low/No added salt diet. 2) Minimising alcohol intake. 3) Regular exercise If this fails, low dose angiotensin II inhibitors eg irbesartan have a similiar BP lowering effect as Lisinopril but no cough. The Garlic pills, Q10 and aspirin will not work on blood pressure significantly. I don t know much about the oil but it is unlikely to work either.

Lisinopril is an ace inhibitor, and there are others on the market that do not produce the cough. It is not a good idea to take yourself off a medication without a doctor s consent, as it could result in damage to your cardiovascular health. You should see your doctor about alternative medications. Your blood pressure is still significantly higher than it should be, and it s not something to play around with.

Diet and Exercise. At least 30 mins of exercise a day. Eat Oatmeal or cheerios each day. Take time out and rest and relax. This combination attack should bring your systolic down 10 points in three months.

walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS