Friday, March 20, 2009

Chest pain question please help? -

So I am 34 with panic attacks and a smoker, (know I shouldnt) also have GERD. I was diagoned with whitecoat hypertension, but is normal when I am home. I was having strange chest pains couple weeks ago, got blood work, ekg. normal. They gave me nexium, then aciphex, because of insurance, now they changed to Kapidex, since I started taking it the chest pains have come back, its a burning feeling on the left side of my chest. Now I can feel it in my back to, lasts for about 3 seconds and comes and goes all day. Im so scared its a heart problem. I have another appointment today, anyone have any idea what this could be and if its heart related. Please help and thanks.

Generally any case of pain chest should not be taken light without ruling out a heart ailment. In your case the chances of a heart problem (attack) appear to be rather rare, as you are only 34 years, female. However a control of blood pressure and stoping smoking appears very important in your case. You may undergo the laboratory tests to exclude anaemia, diabetes, and thyroid dysfunction etc.,. Anxiety attacks and a feeling of insecurity at your age is common for which, a reassurance, relaxation exercises, removal of any causative factors for the panic attacks, and balanced diet and exercise may help you a lot. You may please have periodic health checkup and follow the treatment advised by your doctor.

hi, i just want to tell you a little about gerd reflex problems because ive had it for the past 10 years and yes all the symptoms your talking about are normal... its not your heart it has to do with what your eating stay away from caffiene,chocolate,spicy foods, that will make you feel alot better and drink lots of water thats also important because that and when you feel the pain again time the pain and what you had eaten at that time...take care and good luck...

if your EKG was normal, and your BP is usually normal, I very much doubt it s your heart, yet. What you are describing is pretty classic for panic disorder. suggest you check with your local mental health clinic and get into a class for learning the skills you need to cope with your panic.

First, talk to your doctor about this. Stop smoking for about a month or two and see if the pain ceases. I would go outdoors more, go for a jog, a walk. Something. Get yourself active, and get your heart active. Beware of medications. It may cure one thing in your body, but it might affect another thing. Hope I helped!

Sweetie, you need to see a homeopath. Have you told your mum and dad yet?

Sounds to me like you will have to pay out of pocket for nexium or aciphex. Remember the insurance company s job is to reduce cost while increasing profits, not to seek the best avenue of treatment for patients. I m surprised the nexium or aciphex isn t cheaper than the kapidex. If it seems like a burn I would think heart burn first especially if my understanding that it was better with the first 2 medicines. BTW sometimes a letter from your doc can get a medication not normally covered, taken care of. Regular exercise even 2x a week could help your anxiety. Also, yes you do need to stop smoking, in the midst of panic attack control problems isn t the time to tackle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS