Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is Adican and Lisinopril typically given together? -

My brother, sister and I have hypertension which is being controlled by medication. Our Mother and Father both died from strokes. His was ischemic and hers was a bleed. Our eldest brother had a stroke (ischemic) and bilateral carotid endartorectomys before he died of pancreatic cancer. My sister has had one fairly severe stroke (a bleed) which left substantial residual. Overall, not a good familial history. My brother has recently been prescribed Lisinopril in addition to Adican. His pharmacist didn t think this was appropriate. Can anyone shed some light on the efficacy of this?

While I have great respect for pharmacists in general, this one was wrong. Lisinopril is classified as an ACE inhibitor. ATACAND is an ACE receptor blocker. (an ARB ). Both drugs work on the same system to lower BP, but at different ends on the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS