Friday, March 13, 2009

High Blood Pressure caused by stress: any drug-free treatment? -

I regularly check my blood pressure and recently, my blood pressure has been at the range from Prehypertension to Stage 1 Hypertension. I had a detailed physical exam a couple of weeks ago, and the doctor said it had nothing to do with what I ate. Not to mention, I eat VERY healthy. I eat mostly fruits and vegetables, very little meat, and almost no junk food at all (I m not overweight/obese) either. People have told me to quot;watch my diet,quot; but as I ve mentioned, I eat very healthy, and it has almost nothing to do with what I eat. So at this point, we are all assuming that my high blood pressure is caused by a series of stress from school, family, and friends--making it so I also lack sleep at the same time. I know quot;getting more sleepquot; is obviously a helpful treatment, but I m looking for some more advice from health experts. Is there any way I can treat this (i.e. meditation, more exercise, etc.)? Any other facts or advice related to high blood pressure are also welcome! Thank you!

Hmm....i know this may seem rude ...but....is your body weight quot;highquot; or more importantly...is your body fat percentage quot;highquot;? One recomendation I have is fiber! Fiber is a great way to reduce BP. Women are suppossed to get around 17 grams a day. I too have high BP, mine is usually 130/70....which isnt good. I tend to worry alot. Flaxseed oil is also another great alternative or something else with high levels of Omega fatty acids. I just started taking them. Alot of people attribute to lower their BP with this method. You also may have a condition known as quot;White coat syndromequot; it is a fancy term for quot;nervousness of doctors and hospitals.quot; Everytime I go to the doctors I get a little nervous. Good luck

one word vacation

If you drink coffee , drink soda, drink alcohol or any meat (meat has to many pathogens) your in trouble. Also fruits have a lot of sugar. Drink only spring water and leafy green vegetables and put lemon in your water. Anything that is sweet spells trouble. Try also deep breathing exercises. You may also have alot of plaque buildup in your arteries caused by acid ash. Hope that help it has for me 106/70

Stay away from salty foods!If it comes down to it,with a doctors presciption,take blood pressure pills.This will regulate your blood pressure.Keep an i out on your blood pressure.Blood pressure is also known as the quot;Silent Killerquot;.Good luck!

Regular sleeping and eating habits can make a major contribution to stress reduction. Melatonin is a natural hormone that you can use to help you relax and sleep better. You can buy the supplement at a pharmacy. Try taking a short nap during the day. Use your bedroom for sleeping only; do not work or watch TV there. Whenever you feel anxious - get things off your chest. Talk to someone you trust. Avoid caffeine. Maintain a regular exercise routine, but do not exercise within two to three hours of bedtime. And... no smoking. Good luck

Sounds like you need a life diet. try relaxing and letting go. Do as much as you can in the pace that you can. Stop letting life live you and take charge and live your life. If you do your school work in good time you will find it less stressful. Take naps. What ever you are stressed about I assure you there is someone out there going through worst. If you don t achieve something today it if not the end of the world, also you do not die if you fail at something. if your not successful at something you only fail if you didn t learn from it. Question: is there a history of this in your family?, if there is you could just be genetically predisposed to this condition, which means you needs to relax. mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS