Friday, March 20, 2009

Help! I am always a little dizzy, feel drugged almost, having chest pains, shaky hands, ect. whats wrong? -

I am a 23 year old female. 30 lbs overweight. Hypertensive. I am currently on HCTZ and an ACE inhibitor for my blood pressure. Unrelated (at least i think so) to the symptoms i am currently having, over the past 5-7 months i have gained 30 lbs, I have a family history of hypertension, heart disease and numerous mental disorders. I was addicted to methamphetamine for about 2 years, off and on, but mostly on, but have been 100% sober for 4 years (yay me). The only reason i mention this is the symptoms I am currently having, I have been experiencing everyday for about 2 or 3 years. The first time i went to see a doctor for these symptoms was when i was diagnosed with Hypertension. I then began taking my meds for the hypertension and also Klorcon because my potassium was low. Also was prescribed hydroxyzpam 25mg for anxiety, which I, at the time did not believe i had. Anyhow, my symptoms for the past two years have been a weird dizzy/disconnected feeling, as if, everything is hazy and in slow motion. That symptom is very hard to describe. I also feel very shaky, kinda tired, dry mouth, and often feel as though I am going to pass out. I am never nauseated, no headaches. The worst symptom is the chest pains. Omg. It often happens when I am not moving. Often when I am laying in bed. It is so painful that I have to sit up until the pain subsides a bit. It is a very scary feeling. I have had many EKG and nothing has ever showed up on any of them. When I check my BP, it is always normal. I mentioned the past drug use above because, a lot of times, the way I feel is identical to the way I felt when i was high on meth or when I began coming down. I quit because I hated the drug. It made me feel awful. After quitting though, I was very healthy. None of these symptoms. Then two years later this starts. I dont think it could be panic attacks, because its never-ending. I feel ALL of the symtoms from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. Pleas help. I would like some input on what may be going on with my body, before going to yet another doctor, just to have them tell me I am fine. ALSO...as far as phobias...i notice my symptomheightenen when driving, and while at work. I do not know if this haanythingng to do with this. TERRIFIED beyonnormalcylcy of lightening and snakes. My anxiety medication is only supposed to be taken quot;as neededquot;. I really do not take it unless I am at home, because all it does is make me very tired, but i still feel alot of the symptoms. once again, i would appreciate any input.

This sounds exactly like panic or anxiety attacks to me. I had them so severely and for years. I even went to the ER thinking I was suffering an actual heart attack. I started taking an anxiety med (Celexa) daily just to cope and overcome the problem. I also used meth when I was younger and I know exactly what you are talking about. It is sooo scary. I cannot believe your doctor hasn t looked into this and put you on some daily medication. I would definitely talk to him about the possiblity. The symptoms of anxiety can mimick heart disease and others so perfectly. I was also dizzy all the time. Lots of muscle tension in my neck and shoulders. Chest pain, couldn t breathe, couldn t sleep because I was terrified of dying. I have been on my meds for 2 years now, and my life is totally different. You should talk to your doc about this. Also, my blood pressure was high until I got a handle on my anxiety, now it is normal again. Stress does crazy things to your body.

i think it would be easier to talk to a doctor through a phone instead of writing to the ppl on the internet at night.

hypothyroidism - get tested for it. also get treated for depression and stop taking anti-anxiety medication. depression meds will be better for long-term anxiety probs or so i ve been told. try exercising more.

your anxiety meds are they atarax? i had to take that for a anti infammatory but it also said for anxiety n i know others on it :P n tht stuff frys you out, in a daze all the time n forgetful n tht disconnected feelin, heres a link to info n the side effects for it alotta what you mention is in there. i d never take it again or any other mood meds n half the meds they wanna give me after i read upon em n see all the pharmasudical lawsuits on tv :P, theres many other safer ways than a pill to cheer ya up :P always research your meds

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS