Sunday, March 15, 2009

Im a 16 year old high school football/lax player. can I play without a problem if my blood pressure drops? -

I m 16, I play RB/LB on high school football and middie on my Lacrosse team. I m 5 9quot; amp; 173 IBs amp; 5% fat. and I recently went to my doctors office to get my physical cleared...instead he checked quot;not clearedquot; for hypertension. My BP was 140/70. My dad has hypertension (although he didnt have it until his 40 s) and I ve been a serious athlete all my life....but my doctor won t allow me to play until my blood pressure is dropped...he won t prescribe me meds...but encouraged me to change my lifestyle of eating. But it s not like I eat junk food or excessive meat... so my real question is, if my blood pressure DOES lower, can I play football and lacrosse without worrying about my blood pressure? or is it still unsafe for me to play?

You gotta listen to what your doctor says cause he knows best. If you manage to get it in a healthier range then there shouldn t be any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS