Sunday, March 15, 2009

Could this be diabetes? -

I m 19, female, weighing about 125 pounds. I ve always liked sugar, though I ve cut back lately. I m tired constantly, even when I sleep 8-10 hours. I ve noticed my feet hurt on a pretty regular basis lately, too. I don t eat alot of sugar during the day, really, or at least I try not to. There s no history of diabetes in my family. I have also had anxiety problems lately, so I ve considered the possibility that this might be hypertension too. Is there anyone out there who might have some ideas? Possibly someone with diabetes or high blood pressure? And, please, no see a doctor comments, I m going this weekend.

I dont think that diabetes is the problem. People with diabetes usually have excessive thirst, sores that dont heal, also you would notice some signs that you sugar is going up or down such as sweating, confusion...Sounds like maybe you need to try a more regular diet. Could you be depressed. That could cause sleepiness, anxiety and just not feeling well.

Usually the signs of diabetes is extreme thirst and having to pee alot. It sounds like something else.

Hi- Hope this helps. I don t deprive myself but I don t go overboard on the sugar. What I found a few years ago was that I was eating way too many bad carbs and I was exhausted ALL OF THE TIME. I cut back, increased my protien and it made a difference in a few days-since then, when I get really slumpy, I check that first. The other thing I do is let myself get dehydrated too often. Although I am getting better at it by making sure I have water in front of my most of the time, I am not perfect at it yet. I find that my feet hurt and other parts of me are more achey when I don t hydrate enough. I also get very anxious and jumpy for the same reason. A good indicator for me to get a glass of water. Sometimes that is all it takes for me. I think it s great that you are checking it out so soon and covering the other bases while you wait to get to the doc. No lectures from me, at least!! Good luck.

Well I have type 1 diabetes and I slept A LOT before I was diagnosed. I didn t realize it til afterward just HOW MUCH I was sleeping. I slept all night, and it was a struggle to stay awake in school. I had the other signs too, but depending how advanced the diabetes is, depends on how many symptoms you have. I would believe that excessive sleeping was my 1st symptom. Everyone has different symptoms, is what I have discovered from talking to other diabetics my age. I have had it for 1 year now. I am pumping. I was 4 11quot; and weighed 90lbs. I have grown taller and gained 23 lbs, so I don t look like an anorexic anymore. I ate TONS but never gained any weight. Lack of insulin does that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS