Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is it ok for someone with high blood pressure to have a little salt? -

I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with hypertension. She is only 25 and took the news really hard. The bad thing is when she s around me if I m eating a chip, pop corn, roasted chicken or anything, she automatically ask me for some. This gets on my nerves because I feel she doesn t take her illness serious. I don t know how to deal with her and its hard because I want to support her, but at the same time I feel like she brought it on herself. She would always ask for seconds and practically beg me for food if I said no. Now she s doing the same but instead of some its, just one. Don t get me wrong we are both overweight but I have more of a problem avoiding sweets. I just feel if she s begging me for food that she more than likely don t follow her diet regiment when she s home alone. What I want to know is, Is it ok for her to eat small amounts of foods thats not low in sodium? For example instead of 17 chips, only 5. Or instead of 3 pieces of roasted chicken, 1 wing.

Is dying worth the risk? While I don t think a miniscule amount is bad, I would err on the side of safety and health. If you want to help your friend, search on line about hypertension and low sodium diets or talk to a physician. Get information and help her. Be a part of the solution. You may even find out you can lead a healthier life. That would be a true friend.

Yes....people can t go their whole lives without eating salt at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS