Friday, May 22, 2009

22 and Diagnosed with High Blood Pressure, Please Help! ? -

I was told that I have high blood pressure a couple years ago. I had gotten all the blood tests completed, the stress test, and the echo and even the kidney test and was told that everything was normal. Yet my blood pressure was still high. My weight is 180, it was around 150 when I was 18. I am on medication right now and it controls it. When I m off of it, it spikes again. I guess I am one of the unlucky ones with essential hypertension at a young age. My questions are, will I live a long life? I am afraid that I won t and my marriage is coming up and I do not want to be a burden on someone. I am really scared, please help!

Pretty scary. HiBP causes strokes, heart attacks and kidney failure. You re only 22? Get on medication and you might live to 40 or so but that is stretching it. Good luck.

If you are on medication, then that will be lowering your BP. If you eat healthily, exercise regularly and keep away from situations that could cause you stress, then you should be fine. I m at the point where my diet and exercise routine is reducing my BP, and I hope to be off medication later this year. You don t say how tall you are, but if you need to lose some weight, that will help. Hope this helps.

You need to take control of this now, while you are young. Healthy diet, exercise, and healthy living. Also, fish oils have been shown to have a beneficial effect on blood pressure and blood lipids. Don;t give up hope, and definitely don t depend on medication for the rest of your life!

Yep, bad luck for sure. Which is more important, the length of our lives, or what we do with the time we have? After all, even a 100 years is less than an eye blink in the grand scheme of things. Take you meds, exercise, keep your weight down, avoid stress, and love your bride. You could spend 60 more years worrying about how long. Quit it and just get on with living. Good luck.

you will be just fine as long as you keep your blood pressure under control but your dr. might put you on a higher mg as you get older. i been taking blood pressure medicine now for 12 yrs.and i,am ok. your dr. will test you for it everytime you have a check-up.

high blood pressure can be controlled by meds, eating healthy and getting exercise. Avoid sodium and smoking and watch your weight.

Be sure to control your weight and your emotional state. A doctor can ;place a stint in your kidney that will help or eliminate your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS