Monday, May 25, 2009

Is high blood pressure common within young people, teenagers in particular? -

Throughout my life (or as long as I can remember) I have had chest pains. The pain varies, sometimes on my left and other times on the right side. It feels like a sharp pain and lasts for a couple of seconds to a minute. The pain occurs quite often. I have a family history of hypertension, and so I know that is a big factor. Although it s extremely unhealthy, I love salt, I don t know what I would do without it. I know I have to reduce my salt intake to maintain a pleasant health. Quite honestly, I eat fast foods quite often, but only because there are many fast food restaurants near my school area and I just hate packing lunch in general. I measured my blood pressure a couple of months ago and it was 110/71 (give or take some). The only symptom of hypertension that I have is sharp chest pain. I m 16, 5 9 and weigh 140, which is healthy for my height. I know I should consult a doctor, but what do you think could be the cause? Your help is really appreciated.

Hypertension is rare in young people. I know it sounds weird, but the chest pain could very easily be gas. Who knows, maybe all the fast food is making you gassy. Try cutting back on it and see how you feel. Since you have a family history of hypertension, you should start weaning yourself off of salt in food now so it won t be so hard for you later in life. (Fast food is VERY high in sodium.) Oh yeah, and do see a doctor just to be safe.

you could be having small heart attacks from all the fast food.. but if the chest pain only happens after eating food you dont really have to much to worry about. your blood pressure is normal for your age and eating fast food alot.

your blood pressure isnt too bad.... before i lost a lot of weight, my blood pressure was about 140/85 and thats ridiculous! ....go to a doctor and when you go to mickey d s next time order a yogurt parfait instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS