Thursday, May 14, 2009

What to think of the IUD Nova-T (regular, not short) for a women who never was pregnant? -

Hi, I am 22 years old, I live in Quebec and my boyfriend and I decided that I would get a IUD (I take the pill but I have hypertension), but I am worried about the IUD the gynecologist proposed to me : the Nova-T. I read on the Internet that it vas one of the least effective, and that you should ask for a short IUD I you never had a child, which is my case. But it seems that my gynecologist doesn t have the short version. I also wonder if it matters that I have a retroverted uterus? Thanks for your help!

This is an old abstract of some research done on IUD users but it says: 17% of the women had a retroverted uterus. Careful insertion led to hardly any difficulties in these cases. Secondary effects were more common in women with a retroverted uterus, however. IUD use was shorter in this group than in the entire group (16 vs. 25 months). None of the 18 cases with a uterine scar suffered adverse effects of the IUD. These findings show that IUD use can be safely extended and the IUD can be a valuable alternative to other contraceptive methods. have not given birth yet and its definitely NOT recommended, read here. When should NOVA T 380 not be used? The device should not be used if you have any of the following conditions: known or suspected pregnancy current or recurrent pelvic inflammatory disease; lower genital tract infection infection of the womb after delivery or after abortion during the past 3 months untreated cervicitis cancer of the cervix or womb untreated cervical dysplasia undiagnosed abnormal uterine bleeding abnormality of the cervix or womb including fibroids if they distort the uterine cavity copper allergy Wilson s disease (a disturbance of the body s copper balance) disturbances in blood clotting conditions associated with increased susceptibility to infections NOVA T 380 is not the method of first choice for young women who have not given birth. I think you ought to talk to your gynecologist and tell him you are not interested in the Nova T IUD, be assertive! Look in the internet for other iUD s, there are several others, read carefully quot;side effectsquot; and see what is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS