Monday, May 25, 2009

Is high blood pressure common within young people, teenagers in particular (Repost)? -

Throughout my life (or as long as I can remember) I have had chest pains. The pain varies, sometimes on my left and other times on the right side. It feels like a sharp pain and lasts for a couple of seconds to a minute. The pain occurs quite often. I have a family history of hypertension, and so I know that is a big factor. Although it s extremely unhealthy, I love salt, I don t know what I would do without it. I know I have to reduce my salt intake to maintain a pleasant health. Quite honestly, I eat fast foods quite often, but only because there are many fast food restaurants near my school area and I just hate packing lunch in general. I measured my blood pressure a couple of months ago and it was 110/71 (give or take some). The only symptom of hypertension that I have is sharp chest pain. I m 16, 5 9 and weigh 140, which is healthy for my height. I know I should consult a doctor, but what do you think could be the cause? Your help is really appreciated.

High blood pressure is uncommon in young people. You have normal pressure and weight.This is a plus. However your family history, diet and penchant for salt eventually will lead to high blood pressure. Reduce your salt intake and improove your diet to reduce your risk for high blood pressure.

It s possible. I have high blood pressure and I had it back when I was like 15, 16 years old. I m 24 now and take medication for it. But I never really had chest pains. So it would be wise to ask your doctor. But too much fast food is not good for you, subways one thing, but the burger joints can be a bad thing if you eat too much from them. Very high on salt.

no its not common, you should go to ur doctor, more than likely they will have u get a kidney scan, have labwork done then refer you to the cardiologist to have further tests done. Good luck.

not all chest pains are heart pains. go to a cardiologist and get checked out, and get reliable information before you go ahead with any other plans.

idk whatev

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS