Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Very simple question, but very important for me (paxil users)? -

I started using rexetin (same as paxil) a week ago, first two days - 10 mg, then 20 mg a day every morning. At the beginning i was experiencing adverse effects like hypertension, flu-like symptoms, insomnia, but now i don t feel them anymore. As well as i don t feel ANY KIND of positive effects. NONE. Is it still going to work for me? And how will i feel when it will kick in? Just wake up one day eat a pill, and feel unusual effects from it? Or is it going to start gradually?

Your doctor has probably already warned you that it takes a couple of weeks to start feeling the positive effects of any anti-depressant. Unfortunately, the side effects do start right away. The good news is that the side effects don t last very long (it sounds like you re already getting over them). But yes, the positive is still on its way. It won t happen overnight really. Actually, for me, I just realized one day that I hadn t been feeling so miserable for a few days - it was that subtle! Then I actually started getting happier over the next few days. Those I have talked to that didn t get much benefit from their anti-depressant still got SOME benefit, so it s next to impossible that you won t be feeling at least a little bit better soon. But Paxil wouldn t be so widely used if it wasn t highly effective, so take heart in that. Different people take different amounts of time. Hang in there, it s TOTALLY worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS