Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blood pressure problem? -

I am 29 years old. My blood pressure go up and down very fast. I brought a blood pressure monitor, and I have keep track of it over 1 year now. It can go up to 132/99 at work and it can drop to normal like 106/73 in the morning and raise again to 125/89 at night. I am up and down the borderline of 120/80. I am not sure if I have hypertension or not. Last month when I visit my doctor, I had 130/90 and my doctor immediately gave me 25mg of Atenolol, I started taking it for 3 weeks, and i got average of 115/75. Even if I am on medication right now, It still go up to 125/89 after I drove for 45 minutes, I am not stress or whatever. and I am very picky in food too, I cut out sodium a lot. I drink oonlong tea and green tea a lot, but it can only raise your BP temporarily. Let s say the best time to measure your BP is first thing in the morning. If I get between 120/80 every morning, even if my bp go beyond 130/90 later in the day, does it still consider as high blood pressure?

You are not hypertensive, and should not be on Atenolol. Your range of readings quoted is perfectly normal, and you should not be on any medication for blood pressure. Your doctor is simply, quite wrong. There s no best time to read your B/P s because they vary throughout the day. Averaging them is quite meaningless. If you take as a rule of thumb that your resting systolic pressure should be quot;about 100 + your agequot; - (which yours clearly is), then that makes you completely average and normal for the Western World.

u have any bloodpressure problem please check ur heartrate level monitering level.... please go and visit the url

Your blood pressure is generally normal first thing in the morning because you have been lying down. You say your not under any stress, but all of us are and some stress is good, but it depends on how we handle it. Your top number should be below 140 and the bottom number should be below 90....anything above either of those numbers is classified as elevated blood pressure. I noticed that you did not mention if your over weight or if you smoke or drink, those also cause the blood pressure to elevate. My last response is that some individuals have elevated blood pressure because of family genes. I would also recommend that you do some exercising and this will also help your cause, if your not exercising.

have a hbd i think is what it is called good luck

You are being cautious. I have HBP and am glad when it gets checked at the doctors office/that is enough...If you are on meds be thankful it is working...enjoy life and worry about something else (Hint: 90% of what we worry about never happens) so they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS