Monday, May 25, 2009

I have recently begun to experience numbness in my hands. Frequently this is while I sleep (I tend to sleep wi? -

I have recently begun to experience numbness in my hands. Frequently this is while I sleep (I tend to sleep with a hand tucked under my head). Of course the alleviation to this is to remove the hand and extend my arm to get the blood flowing back to it. Lately though, my left hand (most noticeably) gets numb during the day. I do not have any diabetic symptoms, I do smoke and have gained a few pounds. Other than that (!) I do not believe I suffer from hypertension (my blood pressure is ideal). Any other thoughts on why my left hand goes numb from time to time? And it is localized to the exterior left side and includes my little, ring and middle fingers.

If there is any pressure on your hands while you sleep such as your head over them or under your body,they will feel numb. You have to do exercise with your fingers to get the blood flowing, it is all circulation. Peace out

It sounds like carpal tunnel, but you might have your doctor check you for hypothyroidism, The blood tests would be for T-3, T-4, and TSH. Your symptoms sound very similar to my own, and I was initially diagnosed with carpal tunnel. The pain in my hands was so severe it would wake me up. Once I was diagnosed and began treatment for hypothyroidism, those symptoms just vanished. I m not saying in your case this is definitely what it is, but it s worth a bloodtest to rule it out.

Have you ever operated power tools or machinery that vibrates for long periods of time through your working life? If so it could be a result of Hand Arm Vibration (HAVS) also know as white finger and should be looked at by your doctor. This a major issue curently in the U.K and is commonly experienced by people in the construction and engineering industry. However cleaners operating floor buffers have been known to experience the symptoms. Early inicators include:- - Tingling and numbness in the fingers (which can cause sleep disturbance). - Not being able to feel things with your fingers. - Loss of strength in your hands (you may be less able to pick up or hold heavy objects). - In the cold and wet, the tips of your fingers going white then red and being painful on recovery (vibration white finger). If you continue to use high-vibration tools these symptoms will probably get worse, for example: - The numbness in your hands could become permanent and you won’t be able to feel things at all; - You will have difficulty picking up small objects such as screws or nails; - The vibration white finger could happen more frequently and affect more of your fingers Try looking at www.hse.gov.uk/vibration/hav/ for info on HAVS. If it is work related then a change in career may have to be an option along with a compensation tribunal...

Dont worry about ur hands getting numb, its completely normal, but if its really disturbing, try to sleep on the left side(if u do on the right now) with the left hand under ur head, for best results sleep on ur back. PS: don t ever sleep on ur belly its very bad for health. Hope i helped.

Heart problems perhaps? Maybe anxiety? I have an anxiety panic disorder and I get numbness from my hands when I go through one of my episodes.

you may have a cubital tunnel syndrome, entrapment of the nerve at the elbow, or in addition carpal tunnel syndrome, a neurologist can help

when i sleep on top of my hands, they go numb. sometimes the whole arm. i dont know about the numbness during the day though.

You have carpal tunnel syndrome. try a wrist brace at night. or you could see a doc for cortisone shots. Last resort is surgery.

hmm I have no idea...sorry :S Id definatley go see a doctor about it or talk to a pharmacist...do you play video games a lot or use your hands a lot? I d ask a professional..good luck!

see a doc, dont sleep with your head on your hands , also you may be anemic, best guess SEE THE DOC plz

It s not blood flow all by itself; the real problem is that you re pressing on a nerve bundle; quot;circulationquot; decreases when the pressure is removed. During the day you can get the same deal if your forearm muscles tense up because of stress or sitting in a bad position. The next time, experiment by pressing places on your forearm, and a friend can give you a vigorous massage (until it hurts, actually). A professional and ethical massage practitioner might seem expensive, but they ll find the right quot;trigger point.quot; You can then do it yourself, but a massage tuneup every 2 or 3 weeks will help you sleep better and work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS