Sunday, August 16, 2009

Can we feel any symptoms of high blood pressure? -

I ve been told several times that we can t feel symptoms of hypertension. I ve also been told that we can. I ve even heard both sides from doctors. I believe that I definitely can. I seem to get a little tachycardia when I ve skipped a dose or two. Can anyone say with certainty........What s up? I don t usually ask for this but please cite your sources in your answer. Feel free to contact me outside of this forum, in fact, please do at jjck2727@yahoo.com . I m a 39 yr old guy who had a heart attack a year ago......just trying to cover all my bases.

You can t feel that you have high blood pressure; that s why it s called the silent killer. Since you had a heart attack a year ago, I m going to guess that you re on a beta-blocker of some sort (metoprolol, atenolol, bisoprolol, etc). These lower your blood pressure and also lower your heart rate. If this is the medication you re skipping, what you re probably feeling is your heart rate increasing due to the lack of medication.

hope this helps. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-bl...

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS