Thursday, August 13, 2009

Medications not working!!!? -

I am a 30y/o male that is already overweight with a BMI of 40, also suffer from hypertension that is medicated with Atenolol(qhs) and Lisinopril(bid). I have just been diagnosed with PTSD and MDD for reasons I would rather not disclose. For the past three weeks my meds are as follows: Morning-150mg Wellbutrin SR and 100mg Vistaril Afternoon–none, Evening–150mg Wellbutrin SR and 100mg Vistaril, Night– 30mg Restoril. This regimen just doesn’t seem to be working for me. My mood is the same, I still feel constantly anxious, and I have trouble falling asleep and to only get about 5 hours rest at a time. I am a professional that works 12 hour shifts so being awake and alert is important to me. These medications have been prescribed by my FMD until I can get an appointment with a well-respected phyciatrist in my area, but that is still another month away. Can anyone lend any suggestions on med changes/dosages I can take back to my FMD until I am able to meet with my phyciatrist?

I understand that working 12 hrs shift with your condition and all those medicines you are taking, is really difficult. But it won t be proper to advise you here any change of drug/ dose schedule. Three weeks time is not enough and your FMD must be still in the process of fixing the dose. I think you should give him/ her more time. The dose usually is increased gradually, one doesn t start with large dose. Idea is to get control with minimum effective dose, so smaller dose is tried first. Just tell your FMD that it is not working for you, and see. Hope it helps. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS