Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How do I ease my sinus infection? -

I know I have a sinus infection. The problem is that my doctor is out of town until next week. The pain is starting to get unbearable. I have hypertension and a kidney problem that makes taking Sudafed dangerous. My teeth hurt and because my sinus are so bad, I cannot open my mouth all the way or chew hard foods. It hurts to lean over. My question is does anyone know of a way to ease the pain where I can go about my daily activities until my doctor comes back in town and can give me an antibiotic? Serious comments only please.

The other suggestions are good - I use them both. Additionally, I will place a warm wash rag on my face and head - a heating pad works also. Accupressure points along the brow bone, under the cheek bone area, by pressing on those areas for about 10 secs (yes, it can feel painful initially), can help clear passages. Hot tea is helpful, and nasal spray helps me also. Drinking water with fresh lemon helps to detox your lymph system.

When my sinuses are stuffed up or when I have a cold I use a little plastic spray bottle filled with water and a little bit of salt. I spray it into my nostrils, and the saltwater does bring relief. It s a variation on the idea of the neti pot, but much easier. Also, I make myself hot teas. One favorite is to chop a bit of ginger root and pour hot water over it. It tastes really good, especially when sweetened with honey.

A pot of boiling water on the stove can make a difference ..let it come to a steam..turn it down until it is barely steaming..get a towel ..drape it over your head..lean your face over the steam and breathe deeply..this will help unclog the sinuses...also you can use a saline solution to loosen your sinuses..you can buy it or make it..a teaspoon of salt to an 8 ounce glass of water (make it warm water)..if this is too strong increase the water content.. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS