Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is it possible...please read! (Heart disease and PH)? -

I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension four years ago. I was diagnosed with Restrictive Cardiomyopathy 18 years ago. I have lead a relatively normal life; always believing I was different, couldn t tolerate exercise, etc. A couple of years ago I became pregnant. Everything went well (I hardly had any morning sickness) and I ended up delivering prematurely because the placenta matured, but thank God both the baby and I came out fine; he is healthy, I had an emergency C-Section with general anesthesia and everything went well. I am grateful for this blessing. I have read that it is very unlikely to survive with any of those two conditions, let alone both. I guess I m just wondering if there has been a case where either of those conditions have gotten better on their own (I have never taken medication) or if it possible to be misdiagnosed for so many years. I ve tried to find people in similar situations but no such luck. Any feedback or opinions??

Congradulations on the blessing of motherhood. I have never heard of anyone with a diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension without being prescribe medication. I agree with the others in that your must absolutely get a second opinion from a physician that is certified in cardiac with a specialty in pulmonary medicine. I will also send up prayers for your health.

Congratulations on motherhood ... being a father of three beautiful girls I know what a blessing it is. Why dont you get a second opinion ... for your peace of mind. I wish you the best .... I ll pray for your continued strength and a favorable diagnostic workup ... God Bless You!

Maybe you have just had a blessing in disguise... cherish every moment and don t take anything for granted... you may have been misdiagnosed... get a second... third or even fourth.. opinion before you start taking medicine... good luck to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS