Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Racing heart? -

Why is it after I take my daily shower my heart beats like hell? (Up to 200beats per min). My doctor already knows this and I think he called it hypertension, but I was just curious to know why it s so much more after my shower. Sometimes it beats so hard I can see it moving by looking at my chest.

a hot shower greatly expands your blood vessels making the heart work harder and faster to get the blood circulated adequately.

Maybe you shower at the wrong temperature?

That would be a great question to ask your doctor. I have no idea.

Hypertension is raised blood pressure and does not affect your pulse. I would have liked your age, medication history if any, and past medical history. However going with what little you have told me, I am a bit unhappy about what is going on. 200bbm is far from normal, though I can t easily relate your problem to the shower. Normally a period of abnormal rhythm is investigated with a 24 hour ECG monitor, but you cant have this on in the shower. Do me a favour, perhaps on a day when you have more time go through what you would normally do in the shower, but without the water on. I suspect the result may be the same as the problem is more likely to be the standing or your posture triggering off the abnormal rhythm, if this is the case get your GP to refer you to get an outpatient 24 hour ECG monitor. I think this should be looked into rather than brushed off.

That happened to me once. I hadn t eaten for 15 hours and I went to grab my fruit in the morning and the same exact thing happened to me. Thanks for posting this. Though I m sorry I can t help you with your problem lol

this happens to people that smoke, a friend of mine has this problem also, his doctor prescribed beta blockers. apperently it s stress related.

200 beats per minute is fast indeed! Try taking things slowly next time you have a shower - make sure the water isn t too hot or too cold. Take your time and see if that makes a different. How does it make you feel - anxious, light headed, sick, etc. To be honest, I would go back to the docs and ask him to check your heart again - just to reassure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS