Thursday, August 13, 2009

Male teen weight loss problems? -

alright, so the summer before last i started this weight loss thing (i was 13 and 220 lbs). I did lose 10 pounds, but then stayed at 210 for a long time. the next summer i gained some back before it (like up to 215), but then lost down to 204. then like 2 months ago i started losing a little more weight (like 5 pounds). i was doing it healthy too. but over easter, i gained a lot. i was at like 203 before, then i gained like 5 pounds over easter, then like 2 lately, so the scale now reads 210, 208 sometimes. i dont have a gym membership anymore, and i find it hard to find the time and motivation to work out. I know the motivation is to look good and lose weight, but im in a rut right now. I already know i need to drink lots of water and eat fruits and fibers. and i know i need to make my diet more strict, especially since im pre-hypertension and need to cut as much salt as possible. im not like huge, because i have muscles, but i still need to lose about 40 pounds now. any help please?

Well it sounds like you know what to do, and I m so glad you know how to do it the healthy way, and not like some girls your age who think quot;dietquot; means don t eat and you lose weight. I don t know what to tell you except, KEEP IT UP you are doing great. ~Do you have stairs in you house? Walk up and down them repeatedly, just to get your heart-rate up. Maybe for 1/2 hour if mom and dad will let you. Do it once a day, and I bet you notice a difference. Or if they say no, go for a walk outside everyday after school. And if it s bad weather, ask if you can do the stairs thing. ~Good luck, you can do it. And I know what it is to have a hard time getting motivated. I m 33 and mom of 3. Not overweight, but out of shape. I do not exercise. I ve had a Yoga DVD for 2 years and did it only ONE time. Sooo I bet you re doin better than me. :))

Start running everyday. My friend used to weigh 220 and now he weighs 160, cause he ran every day for 30 min from June to January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS