Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Should I be concerned about my blood pressure? -

When I was pregnant with my daughter (now 8 wks old) I had developed gestational hypertension. Just recently I have started having some heart palpitations and Im not sure if its something to worry about. I ve had it my whole life. I also recently went on birth control Yaz which and raise your blood pressure. Should I be concerned and contact my doctor?

Yes, how high is your blood pressure (BP)?. Also, there are some rare side effects with Yaz and other types of medications that can cause your BP to become too high. Be sure and call your OB/GYN and ask if there are any contraindications for Clonidine and Yaz. -- If he/she already told you it is okay, then tell him you ve checked your BP regularly, and it seems to be up more than usual. --- Whatever you do, keep him informed. Heart healthy foods include dark leafy vegetables, e.g., spinach and brussel sprouts. God bless.

Gestational hypertension is fairly common, remember, you took on all of the weight and fluid of another being...the volume of blood in your vessels is directly proportional to your blood pressure. the more fluid there is, the more pressure there is against the vessel walls, thus a higher BP reading... palpitations are typically a sign of low blood pressure. any birth control puts you at risk for things such as an MI(heart attack) or stroke, or other things. i would say to keep an eye on it, get your BP checked regularly, but don t stress yourself out about it. (that only raises it..) besides, clonidine is an anti-hypertensive and should keep you on track. and avoid salt!

contact your doctor and make an appt. blood pressure is not something to mess with. i was diagnosed when i was 17. had it both pregnancies. i have a friend who had it while pregnant, didn t know she was pregnant, much less hypertensive, and had a stroke at 30 yrs old. it s nothing to play with. i ve had to switch birth controls before too b/c they would raise my blood pressure too much. double check for safety.

I d tell my doc all you have said and if you follow the dash diet it is healthy and a natural way to lower BP. I am doing that myself.Basically, veggies ,fruit, lean meat like chicken and keep count of sodium and make sure its 1000 a day no more.

I Would Talk 2 The Doctor Just 2 Be On The Safe Side. I Have Congenital Heart Disease amp; I Have 2 Take Blood Pressure Medicine B/c I m On The Birth Control Ortho-Triciclyn. I m Not Sure About Any Foods Or Drinks That Will Help Lower Bp. Just Make Sure U Stay On A Strict Healthy Diet B/c Too Much Weight Gain Can Definately Cause High Bp.

You should absolutely talk to your doctor, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS