Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blood Pressure - how low is too low? -

I know this much information (below). But, how low is too low? I know that low is different for everyone, but... A girl at work has always got something wrong with her (hypochondriac, or something!) Anyhow, not like I ll say anything to her - but I hate listening to the problems all day long. She s got 89/40 for blood pressure - or so she says. She tells everyone how dangerous this is, and blah blah blah. Never shuts up about her life or death problems. You should hear this woman! I ve had really low blood pressure too in the past, but I can t remember what it was. My question is: How low is too low? Is she rightfully bitching this time, or has she got low blood pressure, but nothing to be that excited over? Like I said - can t say anything to her - but I might stop rolling my eyes if it were really a true problem. Just curious - thanks! Low lt;89 / lt;50 Normal lt;120 / lt;80 Prehypertension 120–139 / 80–89 Hypertension mild 140–159 / 90–99 moderate 160–179 / 100–109 severe gt;180 / gt;110 Isolated systolic hypertension gt;140 / lt;90

If her BP was 89/40 she would be diaphoretic. That s medical jargon for the symptoms she would be having as a result of shock. She would be sweating like a hooker in church, she would be super dizzy and likely unconscious. I know exactly what it s like to have your bp at this level...happened to me. I also deal with it a lot at work, I m an EMT. She s likely full O doo doo.

you are correct in your statement that quot;lowquot; is different for everyone. but it all falls within a reasonable range. does your co-worker take her own b/p? could be she doesn t know the proper way to do so. some people get the b/p kits for home use and don t know they have to be calibrated.- don t tell her but as long as her botton number doesn t go below 40 she s fine- the top number is the killer! i, myself had a b/p of 80/40 for years. drs. said i was fine. wish it was back there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS