Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why is my systolic bp elevated by 20 pts for a full 12 hours after excercise? -

Of course my bp is elevated during excercise, but it is also elevated after hours of rest by 20 pts in the systolic and 10 pts in the diastolic. More detail on my case. At seventeen my pediatrician sent me home with a bp monitor for consistent systolic readings over 140. I was not over weight then. At twenty-nine I was prescribed clonidine. I have taken it for six years. I have had six episodes of rebound hypertension in that period and DESPERATELY want to quit this HORRIBLE drug. To quit this drug I have been prescribed lisinopril. It did not work. Hydrochlorothiazide. It did not work. A calcium channel blocker. It did not work. Now carvedilol. It is not working. I have also tried all of these in combination. They do not work. All tests have come back normal. I take no other drugs legal or illegal. My blood pressure is unrelated to any subjective feeling of anxiety unless I am VERY anxious. I am 6 1quot; 200 lbs. I have taken up cardio excercise. I was running regularly when I was prescribed the clonidine six years ago and kept running until two years ago, but had to quit from knee pain. For the last six months both of my legs from knee to heel have been uncomfortably cold. It is only brifely relieved by excercise.

It means that your heart is working far too hard. Try eating more fish with omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is actually recommended by the American Heart Association for recovering heart attack survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS