Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My health comes first? -

I almost finished medical school, but when i was suddenly diagnosed with diabetes and discovered that i have chronic hypertension. i discovered that i can t handle the stress, my blood pressure will shoot up even with medications, when i was on duty and on call, there are times that i don t eat or can t eat right away due to the volume of patients coming in, patients come first, that s why. I would have migraines and feel that i m on the verge of a nervous breakdown. lack of sleep would also aggravate my diabetes and hypertension. I feel that i was killing myself, little by little, what s worse, is that i began questioning if all of these were worth it, since it will put my health in serious jeopardy. I was not feeling well for most of the time, so I suddenly lost interest with what i was doing, the drive and determination were lost. So that s when i decided to quit and have a change of lifestyle. I want to live longer, so i put my health first.

I believe that you made the right choice for yourself.First of all you have to be healthy and stable in every aspect(body and soul)in order for you to be able to provide help to others.When you do something that you don t enjoy,then you d better not do it at all.Of course what matters is yourself at this point.

I assume you are looking for validation that you made the right choice. It is up to you I have worked with many docs who are have dm. A good option is to keep small snacks like fig newtons on you to keep you going when you can t eat a full meal.

souns like you can t handle pressure. many can t. change job ect and move on. you can come back when you learn to assert yourself and have a rise in self esteem and confidence. no problems. take a break.

I personally feel you have made a good choice. You can make yourself a lot sicker if you keep ignoring your diabetes. With diabetes you need to be making sure you eat regularly and you are testing your blood so you can take your insulin. If your current career path is hindering this than yes you should quit. If you don t take proper care of youself you can get organ failure, they might have to amputate a body part. I mean being in medical school you know the reprocussions of what happens when you have diabetes.

Well, you can try getting a union job in a factory...

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS