Saturday, September 19, 2009

Morbid Obesity Disability? -

I would like to know if it is likely I will qualify for disability. I weigh 366 pounds and have Hypertension, Acid Reflux, and have had a stroke in the past.The reason I ask is not for money or because I am lazy. I currently hold a job but it is a desk job which compounds my problem. I am 22 year old man and am unable at this point to even walk down the block without having to stop and rest. I am uninsured and because of this cannot afford regular treatment or something truly helpful such as lapband. I am wanting to look into this so that I can get the surgery. After years of trying to lose weight I am afraid I am at a point were my health is just too bad to reasonably lose weight through traditional means. I ve tried dieting, and cardio exercise when I was more able to do so. I m ashamed of how I look, and that I cannot even comfortably go for a walk with my fiance at this point. I would just like to be able to play with my children in a few years when we decide to start trying for them... I m hoping if everything works out I can use the insurance to finally get the help I need, and then return to work once I can function in society again without being a joke anymore...

A lot of people react badly after ingesting foods and drinks labelled quot;dietquot; items as they usually contain an artificial chemical sweetner called aspartame.......... aspartame.......... the truth about aspartame is that it is an insidious sweet chemically enhanced sugar that will cause all sorts of devastating side affects if consumed in enough quantities. Seems ludicrous to me that something that is marketed to help you lose weight will in actual fact help you to gain weight ........... what aspartame does is block the satiety receptors in your brain (you know that feeling of satiety ie ~ having had enough to eat or drink??) thus making you unaware of the fact that you re not hungry anymore and you will most times simply keep eating .................. ***brrrr shudders*** ...... avoid that nasty stuff like the plague ... it s pure amp; simple sludge for your body i reckon .......... it also causes a devastating list of side affects. There is a vast amount of very usefull and insightfull information on this website ......... the site is labelled as a detox programme but the information on documented side affects is the part that should be of most use to you ~ list of side affects are hideous to say the least. Is it possible that you are inhibiting your own efforts to lose weight by relying on foods labelled quot;Dietquot; or quot;low Caloriequot;??? I m sorry i can t help with the disability question as i am not American. Take care of you ? peace baby

Cardio is not the best way for us fat boys (I am 6 2quot; and 300-ish) to lose weight. I cycle between 260 and 300 every 4-5 years. I dropped from 289 to 239 in 6 months playing hockey and working out when I was in my 20 s. I doubt I could do that now but it was healthy and I still have the strength. I lost 20 pounds in a month and gained 80 pounds on my bench and shaved my mile from 15 minutes to a 10 minute mile working with a trainer 2-3 times a week (it wasn t cheap). The change was readily apparent and I went from a 44 waist to a 40 waist. I am at the top of my cycle and headed back down again. Why? Because once I lose the weight and make me and the doctor happier I pick up the bad habits again. ...especially at Halloween. If you had a stroke at 22 that was likely due to the high BP in the past, right? That might make working out a bit more difficult and a lot more dangerous. You really need to talk to a doctor before working out. Lay off the processed sugars and, if possible, processed foods. Even Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine have 30-40% of your daily sodium requirement. That shoots the BP into the stratosphere. Switch to diet soda for your caffeine and soda fix. You can phase that out over time because the caffeine is bad and leads to higher BP. Don t do it all at once. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Get 8 hours of sleep (you may have sleep apnea because of the weight). Eat healthier meals. A pound of green beans (prepared healthy) is better than a pound of Kit Kats. Stay away from beer if you like alcohol. Wine is a healthier alternative, particularly red wines (Zinfandel is a Rose and not a Red. ...and friends don t let friends drink Zin). Some argue that liquor is better...but it almost always requires a mixer. Stick with a glass or two of wine. Walk up and down the block and stop and rest. Swimming is a good exercise, particularly in water that you can stand up in. Anti-depressants can cause you to gain weight. Depression (as mentioned earlier) can cause weight gain. Eat 6-7 small meals a day rather than 2-3 large ones. A small meal is 1-2 fists of food. It would not hurt to get a job with insurance. Some companies don t have clauses for pre-existing conditions and at your weight you might qualify for LapBand depending upon the policy. I had a friend that went from 330 to 230 in less than a year on the band.

Are you depressed? Depression could be the cause behind your weight gain! I KNOW I have been depressed, and although I am still in my healthy range, I have gained 20lbs. just from depression! I would def. suggest that you get medical insurance that covers this problem, and possibly a bypass surgery! On top of this a colon cleanser, and my sister just lent me this book called the quot;body ecology dietquot; Basically you an only eat non starchy veggies, Sea veggies, Kefer, Millet, Quinoa, Amaranth, Buckwheat and meat! NO dairy, NO fruit, and NO NO NO sugar! They alsrecommendnd you drink a LOT of water (curbs cravings) and cleanse you colon as MUCH as possible! I really HOPE this helps! As for weather or not you areligiblele I am more than POSITIVE you are! I just think you should ask your Doctorer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS