Friday, September 25, 2009

When Im sleeping, it feels as if something is banging my forehead...? -

Many times in the night, I wake up to what feels something banging my forehead; jerking my entire head. Often, this is followed by excessive ringing in my ears. This is quite concerning and it s affecting my sleep. Here are some details about my health (and I ve no insurance so medical testing is not an option): -male -22 years old -155 lbs -5 11 -caucasian -vegetarian -relatively active -moderate/light drinker -non-smoker -no drug use -hypertensive (unknown cause) -Chiari-Malformation (elongated cerebral tonsils causing excess pressure of CSF) -various allergies And here are the medications and vitamins that I consume every day (my physican is well aware): -Celexia (antidepressant and for anxiety) -Atenenol (anti-hypertension and for anxiety) -prescription-strength Clariton (allergies) -Topamax (sleep sedative) -vitamin A through E, and multivitamin -zinc -omega-3 -magnesium -melatonin -soy-whey protein -sudafed (for allergies) -caffeine -aspirin

SOUNDS like from all that medication you are consuming could have resulted in the burning of the lining in your nasal septum. It also appears you might be taking medications that don t coincide with one another. you are on to much meds. Pills contradict one another, and go to an ENT (ear, nose and throat doctor asap).

You take sudafed and clariton everyday? I dont know about clariton but sudafed is a stimulant and if your taking more than 15mg a day you are probably taking to much, that stuff can make you jittery as h e double hockey sticks. Add on caffeine and whatever side effects those antidepressants have and you have a real recipe for feeling totallly out of sorts. try dropping a thing or two off the list till the banging goes away. Good luck, I hope you feel better.

It is probably your blood pressure that is the culprit, although I would also eliminate caffeine. Topamax has some pretty weird side effects. It made me stoooopid!! You don t have insurance, but do they have a County Health Department where you live, or a hospital that provides indigent care for those of us who don t have insurance? Here in Georgia it is the Henry W. Grady Memorial Hospital. I get my prescriptions for $2 each and $25 for emergency room visits. You should explore this.

Holy crap you take too much stuff. I would bet the Topamax is messing with you, sleeping medicines are funny that way. I would throw all that crap a way and drink a glass of wine!

Sounds like an interaction of some kind between the large amount of medications and vitamins you take each day....kind of like a speedball effect. Try eliminating some of the ones that are the least necessary and see what happens. Good luck!

i have similar or used to i found that the problem with me was my pillow i tried the soft the hard and medium i found the medium did the trick and the headpain eventualy subsided i dont say this is the cure but its somthing you could try all the best ..........seamanab

Isn t it just a headache? Go see a doctor, not undimploma-ed un-doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS