Sunday, September 13, 2009

Info on Medical ID bracelet? -

it was suggested to me to get a medical bracelet with new medication I am on. I am 26 and having a quot;conditionquot; is new to me and I bug my dr. with like 500 questions so maybe I can get the answer here. With the medicine I am on (Micardis and Norvasc) there are a lot of interacations. Do I just list that I have hypertension and Ventricular tachycardia OR list the medications. Since I am having the bracelet made anyways should I list my allergy to medications? And lastly what general info should be on it (i.e. name)

Put all medical conditions on it (not meds as the Dr. can change them at any time) List all medication allergies (I even put that I am allergic to wool on mine because ambulances use wool blankets in the winter) Put your blood type on it, it will save time in an emergency, put a contact person in case of emergency (Mom + Phone # ) You can put your Dr. s name on it so they can contact him about what meds you are taking. Your name amp; address is up to you but not necessary, I was a paramedic and we ALWAYS check for a medical ID bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS