Thursday, September 17, 2009

Help with my rage, strange things set me off. Chewing noises especially.? -

Alright, so I have terrible anger issues and hypertension. I am seventeen. I am not on anything, because my doctor does not listen to me and perscribed me ineffective antidepressants. My biggest problem is chewing noises. I cannot handle listening to people pop their gum or chew with their mouth open.This is difficult for me, my parents get angry at me when I politely ask them to chew with closed mouths, and girls at school get irate and threaten me with their Crip boyfriends when I ask them not to pop their gum. People find it quite humorous that a rude chick with a mohawk can be reduced to tears (of anger) by chewing mouth noises. I keep it relatively quiet until I can t deal with it, but I don t understand... this. The only thing I ve found that helps is smoking weed or listening to music enough to block it out... but this is not always appropriate. So I m sick of being grounded, angry, threatened, etc.. is there a name for this, it is a disorder, what can I do? Its debilitating.

I have a slightly different take on what you describe, but it s merely a guess as I know of no particular disorder that involves those specific symptoms if that is all there is to the problem, which I doubt. What I wonder is whether the chewing noises somehow remind you of something, like a past unpleasant or difficult experience? Your reaction, taken by itself, sounds a lot like a response to a trigger stimulus, but perhaps not. Without further info and a context I would be hard pressed to answer your question. If many things make you angry besides what you describe, there may be more going on here. I would be curious to hear what the noises make you think of or what images they bring to mind.

talk to me i know how itfeels to be misunderstood: dogmicjoe@yahoo.com. just try to relax. go to holisticonline.com for advice. just walk or do music. also drink chamomile tea. good luck. i am here if u need a shoulder

Go to your herbal store and get some liquid Kava or Valerian Root. Take some as soon as you feel the first signs and within minutes you will feel better. I have used them for years. This will help in school when you can t smoke but need something to take the edge off. I am the same way except I hold it in until I blow up. You don t have bi-polar you have anger issues and I bet can hold a grudge till someone dies if not longer, you sound like me. It does not take much such as my 11 years making these shrill baby talking Voice to her cat to just make me want to kick her. ( I don t but sometimes I really want too)---OK fine I did kick her in her butt once. Butt I was the one to trip anad fall over so little good it did.

I can t stress this enough - take the stupid antidepressants. Trust me trust me trust me. If they don t work, ask the doc for a higher dose or a different med. But TAKE THEM. There s a whole new world around the corner. Oh yeah, there is a name for it - bipolar.

Don t let annoying habits control you, or whatever else people do that causes you to get angry. You would only become guilty of the same sin that afflicts them, and nothing would be solved. Instead, I would encourage you to have a relationship with and open your life to Jesus Christ and let him give you a new love for others. Let Him show you ways you can help bridge the gap between people, and let him help you in every area of your life to live for Him! What are you accomplishing by losing your control? I say give your anger to Jesus Christ! Because He already died for your anger and sin! Let me fill you in to a secret about releasing anger! I know how you feel but the second you feel anger coming on, Ask yourself is this really a battle in your mind that you have to win? Is it really worth it? How can you make the situation your in better? I tell you NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING WILL RELEASE MORE ANGER thangt;gt;gt;FORGIVENESS!!!!!!!! That is why Jesus said: But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you! (Matt 5:44) The Bible says: Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Jesus Christ God forgave you. (Eph. 4:31-32) If you do not know the story of Jesus I encourage you to pick up a bible sometime and start with the gospel of John there you will read of a man named John the Baptist that paved the way for another man named Jesus. Know that Jesus and God loves you! God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16) You see Jesus was flogged or beaten over 40 times, as Jesus stood silent, he was humiliated, degraded, mocked, striped naked, had jammed a crown of thorns on this head and was then nailed to a cross only after he had to walked nearly a mile with a heavy crossbeam to his back! Why? You ask: The Bible answers that? For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in his steps, Jesus who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in his mouth; and while being reviled, he did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting himself to him who judges righteously. (1 Peter 2:21-23) Christ hung on the cross for six hours before he died, He was there from nine in the morning until three in the afternoon. In spite of such enormous discomfort and indescribable pain, Jesus ONLY spoke words of genuine forgiveness to those who affiliated so much pain and anger to him! From the cross Jesus Spoke: quot;Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.quot; What? I know if that where me I would be very angry and not be forgiving men for doing all that to me! But, the fact is the Jesus was God in Human form so Jesus is perfect, he died for are imperfectness, sin and are anger! So, I would encourage you brother to develop a relationship with Jesus because he knows how you feel! Give it to him and offer forgiveness to all that make you angry! You will find that it makes a big difference! It s one thing to be annoyed by there gum chewing or there chewing with there mouths open. It is another thing to let their bad habit make you loose control in your mind!

to me you sound like a problem child at 17 a big one.i think your doctor is right giving anti depressants,your blood pressure possibly comes from your anxieties,you cannot stop millions of people from chewing gum.are you tryiing to stand out in the crowd,a mohawk indeed.i think you are a very immature person for your age.grow up or lock yourself up away from he hustle and the bustle.if you were not 17 i tan your ****

Your doctor is an idiot. Small doses of Atavan, Prozac or Zoloft, can be of great help with this. It takes a little while to kick in, couple of weeks. But they do work. Myself and both my sisters suffer from what you discribed. It is a type of compulsive disorder. The smacking makes me nuts, but it s the potatoe chips that push me over the edge. Learning to live with it, and a good counselor, makes a world of difference. The meds just get you started on the right road. Never mind what others might say. It may not be normal for them, but it is normal for those who suffer from this. Everybody has to find their own way. Good Luck

I can see from your writing that you are bright, intelligent, and self-aware and have your head firmly attached to your shoulders. So, I can imagine your frustration being overwhelmed with feelings which have a life of their own. For myself, I used to get enraged and overwhelmed by any sound whatsoever and I was miserable. What did help for me was seeing a psychiatrist who really knows what he s doing. Believe it or not, he put me on a beta-blocker - which just so happens to be a blood pressure medication. It actually helped. Now, for me this is more of a generalized problem of my nervous system being hyperaware and using a drug that helps it to tone down. I can t say that it would help but perhaps you might suggest it to your doctor as an option. Having hypertension as well may make it not such a bad idea. I don t know if there is a chemical similarity but if smoking weed helps then perhaps you may find a drug/chemical solution is what you re looking for. (a legal one, anyway, ;-) I admire your fortitude and your attitude and hope that you find a solution. At least you know you can hold out until school is over and you can leave home and be away from the crazies. Also, sometimes I hate to mention it because it sounds so cliche but getting some counseling might be useful in working through the anger. I remember when I was your age, living in a constant state of rage which felt so out of control. It s not worth the pain. Being able to talk through your feelings with a professional can release a great deal of inner tension. Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS