Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How often should I get checked for diabetes? -

I am 320 lbs and 6 foot tall. I made a full check on my self and everything was normal including my blood sugar, heart and kidneys. I only got hypertension and I am taking Amlodipine Besylate 5mg. I was adviced from my doctor to take it once everyday. And when I lose 20 lbs I should take it every other day. I am taking it now every other day. I don t feel any symptoms of diabetes and it is not running in my family. I heard that I have to get it checked every 2 years. Is that true?

King Mo, Have the blood glucose checked very often while loosing the weight. I didn t have mine checked at all until I was 65 years old, and it had snuck up me and I had a heart attack because of it. You MUST take steps to control it before it controls you. Study all you can about fungus and diabetes. Daniel

You must begin right now to take your Doctor s advice of losing weight with the advantages of a healthier you. Your concerns of developing Diabetes are real, so begin a proper diet and exercise to prevent this dreaded disease. When you return for a Doctor s visit in six months, he will be amazed.

Hmmm! Amlodipine is really good for dropping the blood pressure. My doc didn t say I could take it every other day after my bp got where he said it should be, he doubled it and advised me to take three more bp meds too! Oh, Well, I think he wants me to sit very still in my down quilt all the time so I don t freeze to death from having low blood pressure. Ok, you need to have the blood draw done annually. This will prevent any sneeky glucose numbers. It will also be a check on anything else that can go wrong with your endocrine system.

your highest risk factor is your weight, and it counts heavily, if I were you, I d get checked every single year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS