Thursday, September 10, 2009

High Blood Pressure in Twins? -

I have twin brother, and hypertension runs in the family. Today when we both had our blood pressure checked, and while both of our bottom numbers were good, his top number was 119 and mine was 142. Neither of us are on or have ever been on medication. The only difference between us; he doesn t watch what he eats, and generally eats rather unhealthy. However, he has a job where he s always walking and moving for 4-6 hours straight, 5 times a week. I, on the other hand eat pretty well, including a lot of fruits, vegetables and whole grains, but I don t get nearly enough exercise. I ride my bike 2 to 3 hours, 3-4 times a week. Is that odd? I assume, either the high blood pressure gene is not affecting him, or exercise is a far more important factor in high blood pressure than eating healthy.

A high blood pressure may not be a common factor In the case of twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS