Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lightheadedness...what could it be? -

For the past 6 months (since I ve had my son), I ve been having some episodes of lightheadedness when I stand up too quickly. Other times I feel slightly lightheaded just walking. I m working a full-time and a part-time job right now and don t get enough sleep. I thought that I might be slightly anemic, but I got blood work done and my doctor said everything came back normal. My iron was slightly low, but not very. My blood sugar was good, and my B12 was good. My doc said that taking iron supplements might help, but he didn t offer any solutions or explanations. He just said there was some ostatic (sp??) hypertension. Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas? Answers are greatly appreciated!

I became anemic after 2 of my kids, and those were my symptoms exactly. Keep nagging your doc because you can get really down (nutritionally and otherwise) with an infant and two jobs. Good luck!

I agree sounds like low blood pressure.

You have orthostatic hypotension, low blood pressure so when you stand up quickly the blood cant travel from your feet to your head fast enough so you feel dizzy because their isnt enough blood geting to your brain, so you should stand up very slowly especially when geting out of bed in the morning. Their are drug treatments for this am worried that it also occurs when you walk arround. You should take a iron supplement with vitamin C for your anemia (increases the absorption of iron)

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS