Monday, September 14, 2009

Is L-Carnitine good or bad for a person with high blood pressure? -

I ve heard it temporarily raises blood pressure, but people who take it for high blood pressure can see significant improvement. I have hypertension, so I d like to know if it is going to hurt my general health if I take it for work outs every other month. It works great to boost energy at the gym so I can do more reps and go for longer cardio. Cardio and more reps is good for the heart... Plus, those things raise blood pressure temporarily, but drop your baseline. L-Carnitine also temporarily raises blood pressure... But are the long term effects (after one month) good for high blood pressure?

L-carnitine supplementation decreases the left ventricular mass in patients undergoing hemodialysis. treatment reduces severity of physical and mental fatigue and increases cognitive functions in centenarians: a randomized and controlled clinical trial. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17914...

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS