Friday, September 11, 2009

I was admitted to the hospital with chest pain.arm pain.neck pain? -

i had stress test which came back normal, i also has a carotid study which showed, no plaque. i have parkinsons disease..which has caused me to be hypostensive for the last 5 years,..on admission to hospital b/p 148/90..which is very high for me...i was discharged on fri. night. monday a home health nurse came to check on me...she found my blood pressure to be 228/118 (her comment was)quot;they sent you home to earlyquot;....she then called my dr.who ordered blood pressure meds. and lorazapam..what do you think?what should i do? i see my dr. thursday (in two days) any suggestions as to what i should ask him?? any reason for such high b/p my colestorel in ok.180 , lipids are fine. could i have pulmonary hypertension causing this sudden increase in b/p? i had smoked for year and years..quite for three yrs. and now smoke occasionally..not even every day whih i know i should stop. besides that what else...

If you have Parkinson s that is your first strike against you, so quit smoking now to avoid even more complications. As to why you had chect pain, etc---if everything checked out ok, what was the underlying reason? Did they tell you? Some of the hypertension may be due to stress from the situation. Wait and see how the antihypertensives help you and follow up with the doc. Pulmonary hypertension is always a possibilty, but it would creep up more slowly on you I think and not present as a crisis. Also you would be short of beath and fatigued. Just relax and wait to see the Doc---give it a few days to resolve and then ask him what s up.

Go see your doctor again.

I am not a doctor but here is what I can tell you, STOP smoking, it constricts blood vesels and raises your blood pressure. Next stop eating meat and salt, NONE whatsoever. Exersize evry day, drink 8 glass s of water a day to get rid of toxins. DO NOT EAt PORK at all cost s and ask your doctor about taking a drug that will help you relax. And if you have had any major life changing problems like your love life that would not help. BUT SEE YOUR DOCTOR NOW!!!!

Pain raises your blood pressure, have them give you something strong for the pain!

We are sailing in the same boat. Depends on how old are you? My BP was 190/130 (Am not really sure whether that Dr gave me a correct reading). I rested amp; went to my Dr., it was 180/110. I was asked to start treatment. BTW, I am 39. I have not been sleeping well prior to this. If you keep someone awake for 2-3 days, probably even a younger person would show up a high BP. A few personal tips (though I am not a doctor): 1. Sleep well 2. Avoid heavy, fatty foods 3. Try to reduce weight (if it s on higher side) 4. Try to eat some garlic (if you can eat it raw, nothing like it). Don t overdo, may be two petals per day would be sufficient. 5. Try yoga or meditation or some kind of relaxation techniques 6. I recommend a book quot;Complete Guide to your Emotions amp; your healthquot; by Emrika Padus (I don t remeber correct spelling). Please check it out. 7. Major factor: Are you stressed? Please ask that bloody factor to get lost amp; say to yourself quot;to hell with it, it s not all over if I don t do this.... Hope it helps. Another thing, please take it out of your mind that you are a blood pressure patient. Don t think about it because BP constantly changes (it could change every second). Some people can show a BP as soon as Dr starts taking it. If they take twice, the second time it could be ok (that s what my Dr. told me) Finally RELAX! RELAX!! AND RELAX!!! Hope this helps.

There are so many variables with the symptoms which you present, that your best bet is to let your doctor tell you what he thinks is wrong. Your question to him/her should be quot;what can I do to bring matters under controlquot;. When you show up at an ER with chest,arm and neck pain, you are presenting with classic symptoms of a coronary condition. There is no easy answer to your BP question. Rely on your doctor or Hospital to sort out what is going on with you. If I read in between the lines, you seem to be somewhat overly anxious, hence the lorzapam. Relax! and Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS