Saturday, September 19, 2009

On furosemide (water pills) and breast-feeding.....? -

I had pregnancy induced hypertension and am currently on labetalol to treat it. Due to extreme swelling during pregnancy, I was discharged from the hospital with a perscription for furosemide (water pills) to get rid of the extra water. I had 3 doctors treat me while I was there. A perinatologist, a cardiologist, and a hematologist. All are aware that I was breast feeding. I just went on the internet and it s telling me I SHOULD NOT breast feed while on furosemide. Why would they perscribe me this if they know I was breast feeding? Do the benefits outweigh the risk? Should I be worried? I want to know if anyone else has gone thru this and thanks ahead of time.

Call your Dr. and tell him about what you read and your concerns for your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS