Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How many people are over 50 and have had high blood pressure for most of their lives? -

I am 58 and have had high blood pressure for at least 35 years. At first it flucuated.. but has been high steadily since 1989..I have taken varous medications through the years. Now I am taking Lotensin and Atenenol. I ve known people that never had high blood pressure at all till they were in their late 40 s or 50 s and immediately had all types of heart or kidney problems.. I have to go to the bathroom a lot, but other than that I don t seem to have severe problems with anything.. Does anyone know why I m not dead yet, or have some severe problem..they do say hypertension is a killer..

Yes, - I know why you re not dead. Age-related hypertension is largely a myth. My typical B/P readings are much higher than yours, about 195/105 daily, and many times a day well over 200 systolic. But I m still here at 80, rising 81. The worst medications you can possibly take are beta-blockers, and are proven to increase your chances of heart failure or stroke. Do stop taking anything ending in quot;....lolquot;. The human heart does NOT generate higher pressures as we age; we all generate roughly the same pressure, but as we get older and the arteries less elastic, the peak pressures are transmitted further and further down the arterial tree (instead of being attenuated and filtered out along the way). Thus, it appears -to anyone measuring them at downstream arterial points- that the pressures are increasing. But they re not. It s an illusion.... I hope you can understand that, -I know it s difficult if you haven t done medicine. The point is, if your (indicated) B/P s DIDN T rise as you got older, then THAT would make you abnormal. That s because failure to have elevated (indicated) B/P s means your cardiac function is becoming impaired. So you re absolutely, completely, typically normal. Stop taking the pills and you ll have a better chance of surviving to my healthy old age. Are you asking if I m saying the doctors are wrong ? Of course I am. I ll spell it out: - the Doctors are wrong. Evidence? It s really quite simple. The mean arterial pressure they re trying to get yours down to, namely well under 100 mms/Hg, simply wouln t be enough to drive 5000mls/min of blood round your arterial loop, which has a total impedance to flow of about 0.02. You know for certain that your flow is roughly 5000 mls/minute, and every textbook states that your TPR (impedance) is approximately 0.02 and doesn t rise with age, therefore the indicated pressure is simply wrong. The numbers simply don t add up.

The medical profession confuses quot;averagequot; (or quot;typicalquot;) with normality, ... which is quite a different thing. Average height, -for instance may well be 5ft - 6ft.... but it doesn t mean that people of 4ft or 7ft don t function completely normally and healthily. Do wean yourself off Atenolol,.... Report Abuse

alot of people have high b/p sounds like your keeping yours under control

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS