Thursday, November 26, 2009

155 over 90-something normal for blood pressure test? -

My boyfriend and I used one of those armbands at the drugstore and his test said that he was in a stage of hypertension!!! He s only 20. What does this mean and how can he help make his blood pressure go down? His mom said it s normal, but she s had several strokes so I don t exactly trust her judgment. He was 155/91 Not sure that the second one was exactly, but I know the first number was 155!

This is not normal especially the 91 diastolic pressure. If this test was done by a doctor I would be concerned and the doctor would take action. Since it was done with a machine in a drugstore I would not put much worry time into it. The cuffs on these machines usually do not fit properly and give false readings. However I believe I would go to your nearest ambulance station and ask them to check your blood pressure, they will most probably do it for free or go to your local fire company and let them do it. (Not all fire companies have EMT s available). Being twenty years old you should be around 120/80.

That is not normal. Especially at his age. But those drug store machines are often not accurate. He does need to go get it checked just to be safe. He should probably be around 120 over 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS