Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I need information on IIH and PCOS and how the two effect one person? -

IIH - Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension aka Pseudotumor Cerebri PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I am trying to do research on the two I have been diagnosised with both plus hypothyroidism I have found a few articals but I would like to find out more on how the two effect one person with them. thank you in advance any information will be helpful

Hope this helps you: Introduction Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition most often characterized by irregular menstrual periods, excess hair growth and obesity, but it can affect women in a variety of ways. Irregular or heavy periods may signal the condition in adolescence, or polycystic ovary syndrome may become apparent later when a woman has difficulty becoming pregnant. The signs and symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome stem from a disruption in the reproductive cycle, which normally culminates each month with the release of an egg from an ovary (ovulation). The name polycystic ovary syndrome comes from the appearance of the ovaries in some women with the disorder — large and studded with numerous cysts (polycystic). These cysts are follicles, fluid-filled sacs that contain immature eggs. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age in the United States, affecting an estimated 5 percent to 10 percent. Early diagnosis and treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome can help reduce the risk of long-term complications, which include diabetes and heart disease. href="rel="nofollow">href="rel="nofollow">href="rel="nofollow">href="rel="nofollow">href="rel="nofollow">href="rel="nofollow">href="rel="nofollow">videos on PCOS: http://video.google.com/videosearch?sour...

I was just also diagnosed with IIH. I was diagnosed with endometrosis 4 yrs ago. 4 mnths ago I had an ovary removed due to a second large cyst. With IIH, it has been stated that hormonal changes can bring on this condition. Report Abuse

I believe that for me when my ovary was removed my hormones were out of whack for awhile. I am not sure if having PCOS means your hormones are out of whack as well. has your IIH gotten any better? have you lost any visoin in your eyes? Report Abuse

i just got my tap results and this diagnosis was confirmed. i start diamox today Report Abuse

www.livingwithptcih.com/suppor... This is a link to a website with a support group for people living with PTC/IH Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS